We will share here the tips on how to cook frozen fish in air fryer. Before that, I can’t resist sharing my own experience of how I turned into a fish lover.
Fish has always been my favorite dinner item from my childhood. I still remember the tempting smell when my parents used to cook some delicious fish fillets in the summer nights. We used to wait eagerly and have a blast on an undeclared party night. The most mesmerizing moment of my very childhood was when we used to enjoy family get-togethers on a holiday night. I miss the divine taste of the fishes my father used to cook for us. Till then, fish is still my favorite food.
The only thing that used to aloof me from cooking crispy fish was that it became super oily when fried till last year. When baked in an oven, it becomes dry and lacks the natural taste. Thanks to my air fryer that I randomly bought seeing one of my friends using it. Trust me; it is one of the best decisions I have made to enrich my kitchen. This simple, yet the outstanding appliance has made my life easier by letting me cook and enjoy my favorite dishes in the healthiest way. It has been a while since I have used my cherished air fryer, and I cannot wait to share my favorite fish dish with you guys that I very often cook in my air fryer nowaday.
My family loves it, even if I serve it to them in everyday dinner! So, without making a further delay, let’s jump to the awaited moment to explain how to cook frozen fish in an air fryer.
Which Fishes are Better to Cook in an Air Fryer?
You can use any thick fish available to you. But I think that cod or any white fish holds excellent as my family loves them. You can even use a Tilapia or Pollock, or any farm-raised fish. If possible, get wild-caught white fish like cod or red snapper, and have a blast on the dining table!
I know you might be thinking whether the frozen fish tastes excellent like that of a fresh one? The simple answer is yes. Frozen fishes are not only tasty, but they are also equally healthy as the fresh fish. Do not worry. The fishes, while in frozen form, do not lose any nutrient value and also taste amazing.
Fresh fish is not always accessible, and even if you get one effortlessly, it is going to take a lot of time to clean and prepare for cooking. Frozen fishes are also fabulous and taste marvelous. You will be overwhelmed when you will see that the fish has turned out as a golden crispy delicious dish. The best part is, you can directly use the fish from the freezer, no need to thaw. Your kids are also going to love them for sure!
If you have not yet purchased an air fryer, I would recommend you to hurry and get one. It is undoubtedly a magic wand that peels calories off your tempting deep-fried dish. So, you do not have to feel guilty about enhancing the caloric level of the members of your family.
How to cook frozen fish in air fryer?
Do not think frozen cooking fish in an air fryer is a hard nut to crack. It is certainly not. Anyone can use this outstanding kitchen appliance for cooking tasty, yet healthy frozen fish fillets or any fish and chips. The best part is, you do not have to wait for the chips while cooking the fish. You can simultaneously cook both so that the fish does not get cold while making the chips.
Before I jump to the ultimate recipe of how to cook frozen fish in air fryer, I would like to give a brief of the methods of the preparation so that your fish comes out as a superb dish, even if you are cooking for the first time.
Steps of Cooking Frozen Fish in an Air Fryer
- Before you put the fish fillets on the basket of the air fryer, sprinkle it with a subtle mist of oil. Do not skip this step as it will help the nets not to get stuck on the basket
- Preheat the air fryer to approximately 200 degrees Fahrenheit to 390 degrees Fahrenheit. It may take likely 3 minutes
- You can then put the fish into the bucket of the air fryer
- Cook them for approximately 12-15 minutes
- While cooking, do not forget to shake the basket after every 4 minutes
- The delicious fish fillets are ready to grab!
Want to know the best part of cooking fish in an air fryer skipping the traditional approaches? Well, we all love deep-fried fish, but it has some downsides also. When you deep fry the fish, it will add unhealthy calories to your meal. Cooking in the oven may make the inside of the fish dry, and you cannot get the real taste of the fish.
The Ultimate Recipe to Cook Frozen Fish in the Air Fryer
Fish is the most natural thing you can cook amazingly in an air fryer. Moreover, you can easily switch your dinner items with tasty fish fillets whenever you get bored eating the same chicken or beef, just like me. Now, let’s put an end to the suspense and reveal the recipe of my family’s favorite dish to you. Be it Panko-crusted or seasoned: try once and serve it in the dining table for the weekend dinner, and get overwhelmed with the praises of everyone!
- 5 or 6 pieces of frozen fish fillets (cod, snapper, tilapia or any white farm-raised or wild-caught fish you like)
- 3-4 eggs
- Olive oil or Avocado oil, as per your preference
- Salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Bread crumbs or tempura powder- 1 cup
- All-purpose flour- 1 cup
- Chili flakes
- Lemon juice to get an extra punch
- Firstly, take a bowl. Mix the bread crumbs or tempura powder with salt, chili flakes, and black pepper and keep it aside.
- Take another bowl. Put the flour and mix it well with the eggs. You can use your hands or kitchen folks so that they get well- mixed. Your batter is ready.
- Now plunge both sides of the fish fillets into the egg-flour mixture and readily put it into the bread crumbs and cover the fillets well.
- The air fryer is already preheated at a temperature of 200 degrees Fahrenheit to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now put the fillets in the air fryer basket and splash a bit of oil on the fish so that it is cooked perfectly and holds the moisture maintaining the crunchiness.
- Fix the timer and fry one side for about 6-7 minutes until the fryer beeps. Then change the front with a kitchen spatula and fry it for another 6-7 minutes, so that you can get equally cooked fish fillets on both sides.
- Your fish is ready to serve! Do not forget to add some lemon juice over them to add an extra punch.
- You can also serve it with your favorite vegetables or salads. I prefer avocado salad mixed with carrots, lettuces, black salt, pepper, and lemon juice. The taste increases more when you serve it with tartar sauce.
Nutrition Fact: Around 500 calories depending on the fish you are cooking
Serving for: 5-6 people
Cooking Time: Around 12-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets you are using
Once you try this super tasty frozen fish in an air fryer, you are never going to go back to those deep-fried fishes. Now that you know how to cook frozen fish in air fryer, cook and serve them at the next weekend party or dinner and be the center of appreciation!