Are you craving some munch some delicious french fries? Homemade french fries don’t need to come from restaurants.
My sister in law has gifted me an air fryer in the last Christmas (if you’re curious to know, it was farberare Air fryer), but I have been skeptical about air frying initially. Honetly speaking, it was my first air fryer and first experience of oil less frying as well. Then I discovered it could help me make healthy delicious french fries just within minutes! Within a week, I became a literally a pro in cooking in air fryer and using it right.
So here is the easiest way you can make some super addictive air fried french fry, the only cooking skill you will need here is how to cut the potatoes.
Why we prefer making French fries in an air fryer
It’s okay to have cheat meals. Craving some French fries can feel like a justified cheat meal. It is not so unusual after you have been on working out hard.
But here is the catch. Even though we all enjoy and crave some crispy and delicious fries, it is still not the best thing to eat for the amount of oil it contains. I wouldn’t prefer serving something that has a lot of oil and fat to my family or me in any given situation. So when it comes to french fries, it is always better if we could reduce the amount of oil we have to use for making french fries at home. That’s precisely why we prefer making french fries in air fryers.
You may also like- How to cook frozen fish in air fryer?
Why you should be making French fries in an air fryer
● You can easily make space for an air fryer in a crowded countertop as it takes less time.
● As you will be frying with nothing but air, there won’t be any added calories in the fries.
● It takes less time than an oven but more than a deep fryer.
How to make delicious french fries with air fryer at home
Here is how you can make air fryer french fries with minimal preparation and less oil. If you want to try some experimenting with the different seasoning, you can go ahead, but these essential ingredients and instruction can always help you to get started with it. Also, this recipe is adequate for serving 1-3 people, so adjust your ingredients accordingly for getting the best results. You can also use other oils other than olive oil but this is how I like. Try out different ideas and let us know as well!
Air Fryer French Fries recipeCourse: RecipesCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
2 Nos of Medium size potatoes
1 spoon of Olive oil
1/8 spoon of salt, garlic powder or paprika for seasoning
fresh black peppers
- Scrub the dirt off potatoes’ skin. Make sure there is no dirt left in the potato as you will need the skin here.
- Cut the potatoes. Make sure they are perfectly sliced and no thicker than ¼ inches.
- Leave the potatoes into the water for at least 10 to 20 minutes. The longer you will soak the fries into the better will taste because it will make sure very less starch residue and more crispiness.
- Dry the potatoes before you start seasoning. If you don’t dry them thoroughly, it will result in soggy fries.
- Mix the slices with oil then put other seasonings there. Toss them well for a better coating and flavor.
- Put the potatoes into the air fryer and set it at 360F for 10-15 minutes.
- Make sure the fries don’t overlap. You might need to change their sides for an evenly cooked fries.
- Serve them with dipping sauce.
That’s basically all you need to make some really good French fries in an air fryer. If you own an air fryer, it can be a really good piece of appliance given that it is very healthy and doesn’t taste any different.